User Login    
 + Register
  • Main navigation
Current live chat
Click here join the chat

Last chat message at 16-May-2017 at 00:38:28
kneedrag : and propshaft is alive again
propshaft : Hi kneedrag Welcome to the Parkflyers Channel
kneedrag : anyone home
propshaft : Hi fly_56910 Welcome to the Parkflyers Channel

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

I need a raido operators licence.
Learning to fly
2014/3/13 19:16
Registered Users
Posts: 75
Hi I want to get a license to use high power radios (1 watt+) for R/C control and Video. What licence should I get? Who do I talk to about getting a licence in NZ?

Posted on: 3/6 17:12
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: I need a raido operators licence.
3D master
2010/12/6 21:00
From Ak
Registered Users
Posts: 535
I have to ask , Why ?
Dont need high power unless doing ILLEGAL very long range fpv.
Plenty of people doing fpv with standard lower power TX's

Start here. The website is a mess, hard to find the info you want though.
Perhaps just ring & ask them ?

And you need more than just a lic to operate above 1W .
You'll need to comply with RSM rules & regs re legal freq & legal power at those freq
Also, dont assume that anything bought overseas is even legal in NZ.

Posted on: 3/11 15:13

Edited by steverob on 2017/3/12 16:27:34
Edited by steverob on 2017/3/12 16:28:27
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: I need a raido operators licence.
2009/3/26 23:40
From Waiuku
Registered Users
Posts: 5919
Even us HAM operators the first rule is to reduce power to what is needed to stay in contact. Power is not the magic cure to everything in some cases it can make things worse.

Better antennas and cleaner transmitting equipment is what you are after for good links. We can bounce signals all over the world on milliwatts of power.

The reason you would want to get a radio licence is to get access to frequencies you can't normally use as a non licensed user. For example I wanted to do things in the 1.2Ghz range. You need to be licenced to do that.

Where about are you located? Will help with who can help you get a licence. You ideally need to find a radio club in your area who can help you.

Posted on: 3/26 12:48
Tree landing specialist.
Youtube Groups :
Podcast :
Twitter for the young ones :
Callsign : ZL1FLY
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Who's Online
37 user(s) are online (32 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 37